1. moment_tensor_calc2.pl –> it calculates the moment tensor matrix for given M0, strike, dip and rake
2. diagonalizing_matrix.pl –> this program diagonalizes the given matrix. It can be used to diagonalize the moment tensor matrix as well.
3. iso_dev_mt.pl –> it gives the isotropic and deviatoric part for a given moment tensor matrix
4. maj_min_dc.pl –> this gives the major and minor double couple as output.
5. dc_clvd_mt.pl –> this gives the double couple and clvd part as output.
6. focal_mech_info.pl –> this gives the auxiliary fault plane as output for a given main fault plane.
7. plot_focal_mech.sh –> this bash script plots the focal mechanism solution for a given strike, dip and rake. It makes use of the focal_mech_info.pl program.
Example Focal Mechanism Plot for:
Strike = 40 degrees
Dip = 50 degrees
Rake = 60 degrees
Click here for the plot
—Utpal Kumar (IES, Academia Sinica)